There can be occasions across WA where someone takes ownership of an old house or commercial property which finds itself in a bit of a state. There will obviously be hard work along the way to make improvements and modernize it, some of which can be done by oneself or by tradesmen.
Obviously, the electrical systems and plumbing play a major part as does securing the structure and making changes so that it will be fit for purpose for years to come. But what about those unforeseen materials that can cause a problem, mainly those built before 1990? This is when the best professionals in asbestos removals Perth can provide are required for the job.
- Asbestos was once commonly used as a cheap building material without any associated risks being known about it. Things have thankfully changed, as technology and research revealed that it can be extremely harmful and cause severe conditions which can lead to death. The Australian government banned the use of asbestos and its sale or import at the conclusion of 2003,
- Because of its dangers, only those with a license issued by the authorities are allowed to remove it. Therefore, anyone that needs the work undertaking needs to find a business with the required documentation. Fortunately, those in the Perth area can count on a team with 20 years of experience that guarantees that a safe and timely job is carried out.
- All the technicians employed by the firm, which has been contracted for projects by the Department of Transport and the WA Government, are highly trained and know exactly how to use the tools and machinery.
- The ‘person in control’ will oversee the process. It is their job to ensure that a safe plan is put in place before the work can proceed after carrying out a full inspection of any areas suspected of containing the material. The work will be fully documented through maintained asbestos registers ensuring safety for all those involved and in the vicinity who will be informed throughout the progress.
- The team carrying out the work ensure their employees are fully protected and use the best up-to-date equipment so that no particles that can easily break away offer no danger. The asbestos is disposed of safely.
Older buildings containing asbestos can create great health dangers and need to have it removed by a qualified, skilled and licensed team adhering to the WA Government law.